Friday, February 20, 2009

To begin...

Well, I decided last night that I would start to blog about the kids. I believe it would be a great tool to have to read about them constantly, so here we go - inspired, of course, from Katie's site!

Catalina:
Last night she lost one of her front teeth. I'd always thought that this was the most awkward place to lose a tooth, and I have to admit that I wasn't looking forward to those pictures; however, I have been proven wrong. No, I'm not one of those mothers who thinks their children are the cutest thing in everything they do (ok, well, maybe), but she really does look cute with it missing! I have to admit that although I've pulled the two bottom teeth out, I was a little apprehensive about removing the top one. Its one of those things that give you butterflies right before you do it. She was a trooper, but I have to share that she immediately relented to the mirror and observed her new look for at least 15 minutes. That's my Suga though!!! True to the bone!

We were doing her homework last night and I realized just how smart this kid is. She is going to be a Math genius, I'm convinced, and of course this makes mommy proud. She is a little behind on Reading, but I can only blame myself, honestly. As a teacher, you know all of these things: read every day, practice, and etc. But, unfortunately, life happens and they don't always surface on the hopeful schedule of life. Coincidentally, she is rapidly increasing her level, and is going above and beyond. Needless to say, I have to now work on the mothering skills, but thank God, He loves us all anyway!

Branden:
Oh, Branden...where can I start? First of all, he is a very smart boy. I have to say that I am very pleased at how intelligent this boy is. He's started this "habit," if you will, to where he has to touch my arm about 100 times a day. Call it affection if you please, but after a while, it becomes a little bothersome, at best. He began it last year, but it has since elevated to an all-the-time habit! I'm working with him to show him other ways to show his affection!!!

Let's talk about his sleeping. Of course when Charles and I first had kids, we agreed that them sleeping with us was a great option. We wanted to know at all times of the night they were safe, as well as them feeling that way. Now that he's over 3 and takes up a large portion of the bed, mom and dad feel as though its time to fly the nest for Branden. I'm a little perplexed about the whole situation because I keep going back and forth. Last night, he just wanted to talk, rub my arm, move around, dance, etc. and all of this was at the wonderful midnight hour. I made the decision last night in my tired stupor that it is now time for Branden to sleep in his room. This is not to say, of course, that if they are scared they can not come in my bed, but at least to start the night off right, he has to be in his own room.

Ahhh, motherhood! I love it, but its a daily walk and lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment