Saturday, July 31, 2010

Missing my Cat & B-funk

Can't believe its been 5 months since I've blogged! I was inspired to continue this morning by reading my friend Katie's blog (thanks!)...

Although the kids have been to grandma & pawpaws house for the past 3 summers, this year is a little harder for me for some reason! I really miss my little aliens!! They've been gone for 20 days now, and I will be picking them up in 10. I remember when they were about to leave to go, Catalina tells me, "Mom, can't we just stay 31 days instead of 30??" Now, she is saying, "Mom, I'm ready to come home, I miss you!" Music to my ears! Branden, I think is also counting the days to come home. Everytime I talk to him, our conversations get a little longer on the phone, and they are always accompanied by a "Mom, I just miss you. I need my mom." Needless to say, I do beleive this will be a very fun homecoming!

I am redecorating their rooms so that they have a nice surprise to come home to. Catalina at first begged for a "High School Musical" room, but I really don't want to do another TV-show themed room because the "fades" are passing much quicker now. I have opted to do just a "girly" theme. Katie, her very stylish aunt (her words), has given me the idea to do it in pink and teal, which are her two favorite colors, accented in brown for a little sophisticated feel. Great idea! Branden, on the other hand, demands a "Toy Story" room. I guess I'll give him one more go with a cartoon-themed room. Regardless, I do believe they will enjoy their returning surprise. Catalina, in fact, has been begging for a new room for quite a while, vowing that "having to look at princesses every day makes her have a headache." So, I'm sure she will celebrate the change.

Another change they are coming home to is our little new addition kitty, Sir Isaac Newton. His "supposed to be owners" named him Butterscotch, which happens to be Catalina's favorite lollipop flavor, but since we are keeping him now, I have decided to change his name. Once I told Catalina his new name - see the rule here is basically this: Mom has to deal with the allergies, so mom picks the name - she relplied very stoically, "That is the stupidest name I've ever heard." Her father and I have been cracking up about this for a couple days now. This is the thing, we had a dog named Einstein, and I chose to follow my "favorite Scientists theme." They're lucky because I really wanted to name him Galileo!

Branden, on the other hand, wants to make sure I know that he wants a lava lamp. I'm not sure where he's getting this from, but wherever he has seen one, he definitely wants one. I miss his cuddles. I miss his affections. And, I even miss him saying "I love you mom" 10000000000 times a day!

Can't wait to share the stories when they return! :)

3 comments:

  1. I can totally see Catalina's face when she says her little quotes you have included in here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have some pretty awesome kids, and I can't wait to see them. Tell them their rooms better be clean when I get there so I can see how cool they are, without risking injury.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, Catalina thinks I'm stylish? What a compliment from someone with a pretty darn stylish mom of her own! I miss them too, and I'm sorry I can't be there this week to help with their rooms :(

    ReplyDelete