Thursday, February 4, 2010

Kam Sa Ham Ni Da

Kam Sa Ham Ni Da


Another interesting week! We had Tae Kwon Do accomplishments, piano lessons, laughs, and WAY too much snow!!

Catalina

I believe sometimes one kid's personality stands out more than the other one - and THIS is Catalina's week. Her and I's week started off on Friday when she was out of school for a teacher day. We do not get much mother/daughter time together (definitely need to change that), but this time we had was awesome! I started off with having a spa day with her, and believe me, she took advantage of it. I don't know when or where I developed the ability to paint really small things on nails, but I just did. One day, I was painting something on my nails, and Catalina has been making me do this since then. One of my "favorite" quotes on Facebook is one of her actually asking me her famous question, "Mom, WHEN are you going to paint my nails?" I wish they would develop fingernail polish for kids that just stayed on...for at least 5 days. Well, she was rather bossy. She wanted flowers, a fleur de lis, and a penguin. So, I finally gave it to her! Then we went shopping. She just HAD to have this pillow that was all fluffy and talked about love; one thing that me...she insisted her brother get something too.

Well, then came the fun stuff...picking up Branden at school. I had to go to the bathroom, but on the first floor of Branden's school, there are only kiddy toilets; there are also NO locks on the door, so Catalina had to hold the door for me. Well when she saw the toilet, she immediately started laughing at me and teasing me. "You are not really gonna use that are you?" Okay, I had no choice. The toilet reached no higher than the middle of my calves. I had to seriously get creative, especially in 3 inch heel boots. So, for the rest of the day, she teased me. But the kicker came when she came home and made a sign that said, "Big Butt vs. Little Toilet" and marched downstairs with it. A week later...she is still teasing me!


She is officially now a "Kingdom Warrior." She got her white belt in Tae Kwon Do the other night, and now she thinks she can beat everyone up. I like how she carries herself; she is very confident. That's something she actually struggles with. Her dad and I are very proud of her. He vouches, as some of you may have read in his recent postings, that in 20 years, he will finally share the secret of the FAMOUS Drill Sergeant Stewart "Monkey Kick!"

Last thing is that on Saturday I gave her a first piano lesson. That girl can identify ALL the notes, including the black keys by both names, her C and G chord, and the whole C-scale up and down with the correct fingering. I will add a video later!

Branden


The "isms" of the week:
  • "I'm the smart one of the family."
  • "If God is in everyone, why isn't everyone good like me?"
  • "Ok, look mom, stop being selfish. The radio is not always about you!"
  • "If I get a bald head like daddy, I am going to put a wig on." (after I threatened to shave all his hair off because he tried to cut his hair)
  • I informed him that the next day of school (spirit week) was Cowboy day. He replies, "Mom, I am NOT a Cowboy, I'm a Saint."
He can read some words now and write his complete name! I am so very proud of him! He was also present during our piano lesson and he learned C, E, F, and B. That's all we had the attention span for, but despite that, it was pretty amazing he learned that! This morning it was crazy hair/mis match day at school. I didn't know he was so into fashion because he WOULD NOT walk out the school as I dressed him. I even straightened his hair and spiked it up. He was so cute! He would not let me take a picture. Maybe I'll try to sneak one in this afternoon!! LOL Biggest thing...STILL TEASING HIS BIG SIS!!




Ready for the blizzard & SUPERBOWL this weekend! Our Who-Dat Family can't wait to watch history made!!! Go N'awlins!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment